FACE TO FACE: THE WATERFORD GREENWAY - AN OUTDOOR LEARNING RESOURCE
- This course is based in Kilmacthomas and Tramore, It will be a combination of presentations and practical activities on the Greenway. There will be input from 5 different tutors who will combine their expertise in biodiversity, history, geography, maths and outdoor education with the wonderful outdoor learning resources on the Greenway.
- Multiple approaches and methodologies will be utilised including cooperative learning, skills based learning and an ESD approach.
- Participants will be engaged in a place-based, active and cooperative approach to learning about a trail.
- These approaches will be modelled to ensure teachers are confident in delivering the content in this manner on return to the classroom.
- Using reflective approaches, participants will be supported in identifying areas for growth in their own schools.
- At the end of this course teachers will have the confidence, skills and resources to develop an environmental trail that focuses on the skills in the SESE and Maths curriculum and engages a multi-modal approach to learning about biodiversity and the environment.
Teachers who attend the full 20-hour summer course will qualify for 3 extra Personal vacation days.
PLEASE NOTE SUMMER COURSE FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE
|03-07-2023 9:30 am
|Course End Date
|07-07-2023 2:00 pm
|Cut off date
|03-07-2023 5:00 pm
|Dr. Mary Moore Ph.D in Sustainability Education Tina Keating BSc Earth Science Geology, Stíofán Mac Cárthaigh Tour Guide, Dr. Patrick Kirwan Ph.D Medical Parasitology6 (Zoology), Dr. Sheila Donegan Calmast SETU & Eoin Gill Director of Calmast STEM Engagement Centre
|Kilmacthomas Further Education and Training Centre Union Rd X42E168