Important Information for NQTs regarding their registration requirements
for the Teaching Council.
● An NIPT Workshop is a requirement for NQTs in schools who are
completing Probation (Primary) or PQE (Post Primary).
● Workshops are not a requirement for NQTs engaging in the
● However, NQTs participating in Droichead can count this workshop
as an Additional Professional Learning Activity , with the agreement
of their Professional Support Team in school.
● If you are teaching in a school with 24 or more classroom teachers
(Primary), or more than 700 pupils (Post-primary) or in a SEN
Setting, your only route of Induction is via the Droichead process.
- IEP Primary NQT Workshop is being offered in other Teacher/Education Centres in Term 1 for Primary NQTS. If you want to do this particular workshop in Term 2, please let Breda Halley know by email or before September 30th 2017 (See Circular attached below)